Call for a Free Consultation

Immigration and Criminal Defense 

A Professional Corporation

Victims of Domestic Violence (VAWA)

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows immigrants (men and women) who have been victims of domestic violence, battery, and extreme cruelty by a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident spouse to "self-petition" for legal status in the United States without relying on a family member. This means that the immigrant victim can independently apply for a residency (green) card, which begins by filing an I-360 Petition.

We can help you file a successful I-360 Petition, which requires an array of documents and evidence before USCIS can approve the petition. We will make sure that you get the much needed legal protection as well as your residency (green) card. In fact, once we get your I-360 Petition approved, we can help you apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS), which means that you will be able to obtain your residency (green) card without having to leave the United States